Manager, Data Acquisition
- - Information Technology
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Manager, Data Acquisition
Business Unit: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Data Engineering
Quantum Health is one of the Best Places to Work in Columbus and the USA. We are passionate in our mission to deliver outstanding service to our customers by helping navigate the health-care system. The data engineering space in IT is in the midst of an exciting transformation to overhaul and re-engineer the existing data acquisition and ingestion processes. We are looking for a motivated hands-on manager to lead the data acquisition team.
This Role will focus on building Quantum's revised data acquisition and ingestion process and will be responsible for technical delivery (30%), project management (20%), people management (30%), and leading business requirements elicitation (20%). The candidate is not expected to code but is expected to facilitate design and architecture discussions as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the data acquisition and ingestion transformation initiative
- Lead the integration of the build data acquisition and operations data acquisition teams
- Manage the engagement with external vendors from a technical perspective to discuss layouts and elicit business rules
- Manage skill development and employee engagement of existing team members
- Hire and onboard new team members
- Work closely with the solution architect to balance delivery with design
- Work at highest technical advisory level on the most difficult analysis and design assignments.
- Validate estimates provided by team.
- Manage and support day to day operations (Design, development, deployment, testing) of the build team involving supervision and oversight of data ingestion repository build
- Keep apprised of emerging technologies to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for business solution needs and communicates assessment to the rest of the team
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least three years of experience managing teams with 10 resources or more
- 10+ years within a data warehousing or a data acquisition environment
- Familiarity with Medical and Pharmaceutical Claims adjudication processes
- Understanding of standardization, integration and error handling with ETL processes
- Ability to accurately estimate ETL and data repository build components of a solution
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong communication, mentoring / coaching skills and influencing/leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Desired 2+ years in health care
- Desired hands-on experience in past with ETL tools and processes
Join our Quantum culture which rewards hard work while having fun!
- Earn up to 120 hours (15 days) of Paid Time off each year
- Medical/dental/vision insurance including domestic partner benefits
- 401(k); we match up to 4%
- On-site amenities include fitness facility, pool table, serenity room
- We offer a casual dress environment
- Free beverages, snacks and ALWAYS fresh-popped popcorn
Want to join our winning culture? Then apply today at http://www.quantum-health.com/careers/
Quantum Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media