Patient Service Representative (2018)
- - Care Coordination
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Patient Services Representative
Business Unit: Care Coordination
Reports to: POD Manager
Quantum Health is one of the Best Places to Work in Columbus and the USA. We are passionate in our mission to deliver outstanding service to our customers by helping them control their healthcare journey.
As we continue to grow and deliver on our mission, we are always looking for enthusiastic, caring people to join us as Patient Services Representatives. Classes starting in October.
As a Patient Services Representative (PSRs), you are the first point of contact for patients, providers, and office staff who utilizes Quantum Health's coordinated healthcare system. The main role of the PSR position is to serve as an advocate to both our members and providers through answering any inquiries they may have, as well as educating and guiding members through the complicated healthcare process. PSRs will not only be taking inbound calls, but also following up via phone and email with members, completing research, solving problems, and contacting all relevant parties for members.
Roles and Tasks:
• Provide exceptional customer service through taking inbound/outbound calls as well as internet inquiries from members, providers, office staff, and other representatives in regards to benefits, eligibilities, claims, provider lookups and the healthcare process.
• Utilizing Quantum Health's systems and technology to accurately document and assist all contacts related to patient care.
• Coordinating activities between patients, providers, Third Party Administrators (TPAs), Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBMs), and any other parties relevant to the healthcare to the patient.
• Being the advocate to our members and patients, assisting them to understand their healthcare process and applicable benefits.
• Identify and escalate issues of relevance to member's healthcare journey to help resolve issues.
• Participate in Quantum Health's business growth projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Position requires that employees successfully PASS 2 TESTS during 6-7 weeks of on the job training. The first test is at the midpoint of training, for continued employment. The second test is at the completion of training, for continued employment. Training will be Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Once completed, shifts assigned within the hours of 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM from Monday – Friday as business needs dictate.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient in using MS Office, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Adaptable with a desire to learn and acquire new skills.
• Ability to type and answer emails in a timely manner
• Strong desire to help others and caring attitude
• Attentive and good listener
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to function as a team member within one's own group
• Ability to work independently without close supervision
• Able to remain in one set location for long periods of time
• All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Join Quantum Health's culture, which rewards hard work while having fun!
• Earning up to 120 hours (15 days) of Paid Time Off(PTO) each year
• Medical/dental/vision insurance
• On-site amenities including fitness facility, pool table, and serenity rooms
• Casual dress environment
• Free beverages, snacks, and ALWAYS fresh-popped popcorn.
Quantum Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media