Senior BI Developer
- - Business Intelligence
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Quantum Health is one of the Best Places to Work in Columbus and the USA. We are passionate in our mission to deliver outstanding service to our members. We are experts who guide our members through the complex healthcare process and help them control their health care journey.
Description: As a Sr. Business Intelligence Developer, you will have the unique opportunity to experience the full spectrum of BI architecture/design & development and play a number of development-related roles within BI team. You will lead projects from inception and initial design, through development and testing. You will work with all levels of the organization as well as the Business Analyst to turn requirements into reports that provide valuable insight to both external and internal clients. You will become a subject matter expert on all BI reporting systems and methodologies, as well as provide recommendations on making improvements.
In this position, as a Sr. Business Intelligence Developer, you will work with a team of BI Solution Architects, Analysts, and Developers to design and build effective and scalable Business Intelligence solutions including Metadata modeling, building data marts, designing reports and dashboards, performance tuning and application security. You will work with all levels of the organization to turn requirements into valuable insights to both external and internal clients. You will become a subject matter expert on all BI reporting systems and methodologies, as well as provide recommendations on making improvements.
Roles and Tasks:
• Work with business analysts, end-users and cross-functional teams to deliver value through Enterprise reporting
• Design and Develop data marts, build enterprise class Reports, Dashboards and Scorecards using SSRS/BIRST
• Build efficient Dimensional models across different domains, help enable self-service reporting platform
• Lead implementation of best practices around performance, security and code migration
• Administer & Maintain reporting servers, perform software upgrades and maintainenance
• Utilize strong SQL Development experience to build efficient ad-hoc queries & stored procedures
• Present solutions to a wide variety of technical audience and sr. leadership team
• Explore new tools & technologies, make recommendations for improvements
• Mentor junior developers, power users and analysts with development best practices
• Provide on-call support during and after hours to meet business demands
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant work experience
• 10+ years of experience with Business Objects/Cognos/Tableau/Qlik/SSRS or BIRST
• 5+ years of experience in a lead role designing BI solutions, mentoring less experienced team members
• 5+ Experience with SQL Server 2012+, Oracle 11g or Teradata is required
• Experience with cloud based database solutions such as RedShift/Azure SQL preferred, but not necessary
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
Join our Quantum culture that rewards hard work while having fun!
• Earn up to 120 hours (15 days) of Paid Time off the first year
• Medical/dental/vision insurance including domestic partner benefits
• 401(k); we match up to 4%
• On-site amenities include fitness facility, ping pong tables, serenity rooms
• We offer a casual dress environment
• Free beverages, snacks and ALWAYS fresh-popped popcorn
Quantum Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media