Senior Network Engineer
- - Information Services
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining networking components, VoIP infrastructure, providing additional level of monitoring and support, management of network and telecommunications systems and components within the required service levels, supervising the implementation of network and telecommunications changes
Responsible for proposing and implementing server and network enhancements that maintain and improve security, monitoring, high availability and performance
- Deliver the administration, maintenance and support of networks, telecommunications .
- Ensure the daily availability and integrity of all devices/components within your scope of responsibility.
- Technical leadership and mentor network staff and provide an additional level of support
- Review and Troubleshoot complex issues and resolve based on predetermined SLA.
- Identify and investigate root causes of incidents and degradation and execute remedial activities to mitigate further service quality degradation
- Contribute to the overall network design and implementation of the network and VoIP infrastructure
- Implementation of network changes, configuration upgrades and rollouts of various systems
- Review the testing and implementation of various network devices/components
- Provide technical leadership in new and ongoing technology initiatives within the department
- Support the disaster recovery and business continuity tests and/or activities
- Review documentation on relevant information pertaining to networks and services
- Maintain records and preparing required reports relevant to the operations of networks
- Works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business heads to establish and execute on common goals
· Must have 5 years of Cisco Routing and Switching experience with EIGRP , BGP
· Must have knowledge and experience working with Telco carriers, failover scenarios and designs .
- · Cisco Call Manager, UCS, Gateway routers, must have strong knowledge of PRI , SIP
- · CCNP and VOIP related certificates strongly desired
- · Must have strong WAN design knowledge
- · VMware 4.x , 5.x experience
- · Cabling and wiring specs knowledge a must. Familiar with Fiber sc , lc , connectors.
- · Nexus 5k Experience, Cisco 3750x Stack
- · Must be able to troubleshoot and design and have the ability to communicate the details of each
- · Strong documentation mentality and skills
And if you join us, we hope that you'll work hard. Have fun. Reap the benefits.
•On-site fitness facility
•Paid maternity and paternity leave for births and adoptions
•Domestic partner benefits
•Fun Room with a pool table, ping pong table and air hockey
•Serenity Room for relaxation and meditation
•Frequently catered lunches
•Free beverages, snacks and fresh-popped popcorn ALWAYS
Yes, there's also the "normal" medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off and more.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media